Initab is a Chrome new tab extension for software developers that offers a solution to continually having too many tabs open. It also offers several useful tools to make your job as a developer easier with a quick view of your GitHub Issue activity, Stack Overflow activity, and much more…
- Getting started with Initab is easy. Open the SETTINGS panel and configure your preferences. Don’t forget to try the optional TAB LIMITING feature. It automatically keeps your browser tabs limited to the number you choose by closing older tabs. Some like it, some don’t…so be careful.
- Do you find yourself constantly hunting around for the GitHub Issue you’re currently working on? Initab pulls your GitHub activity directly from your history, so you don’t have to worry about closing the tab associated with that issue. Simply open a new tab and you’ll see the issue right there in your GitHub Issue Activity.
- Whoops! You accidentally closed the tab with the Stack Overflow answer that could help you out of the mess you’re in… Don’t worry, Initab has you covered. Click this button to toggle the Stack Overflow panel which is populated with all of your recent S.O. history.
- Do you have a favorite SubReddit for the technology you love to work with? Add your preferred r/… in the SETTINGS panel, in order to keep tabs on whats going on in Reddit today.
- Do you need quick access to your commonly used code snippets that you have available in your Gist account? Simply enter your GitHub username and Initab will fetch all public Gists related to your account.
- Keep up to date with the hot new GitHub repos for the technology that you’re interested in. Trending New Repos fetches the most starred GitHub repositories that were created in the last month.
2 Themes To Choose From
Initab offers a dark and a light theme inspired by the development environments and text editors or IDE’s you’re used to working in on a daily basis.
(Modified) Dracula Theme
Inspired by https://github.com/dracula/dracula-theme
(Modified) Base16 PaperColor Light Theme